Monday / July 13 - Friday / July 31
Scholars will be taking a Remote Math and ELA course this summer based on their overall academic performance in Trimester 1 and 2 they need additional support to be successful in the next grade! We are developing a very solid Remote Summer Academy that will adhere to Democracy Prep’s rigorous policies, routines, and rituals. Below are the logistics for Remote Summer Academy.
Dates: Remote Summer Academy will run Monday, July 13th through Friday, July 31th (15 days). Exams will be given on Thursday, July 30th
Time: Scholars must be present from 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM (Monday – Friday). Each class will be 1 hour and 30 minutes long.
Location: Remote Learning will continue for DPCMS Summer Academy. Scholars will log into their Clever accounts and Google Classroom using their Chromebooks in order to participate remotely. Classes will be live or synchronous, so scholars must be able to participate remotely during class times.
Attendance: Scholars need to be in classes as much as possible due to the shortened summer class time. As a result, a scholar can only be absent 2 times during the 15 days.
If a scholar is absent 3 times, they will be removed from the summer school program. This will hinder their ability to be ready for the next grade.
Remote Learning Expectations on Zoom: 9:30 AM start means that you should log in by 9:30 AM and there is always a 2-3 min do now on the screen, so we start TALKING at 9:35 AM
- Casual, appropriate dress
- Ready to start at 9:30
- Your Work Space
- Minimal distractions as possible; use headphones if you do not have a separate space
- Have necessary supplies: calculator, notebook, pens/pencils, post-its, headphones & charger
- Technology To-Dos
- A charged computer
- Daily log into Clever, Zoom, Google Classroom; logged out of everything else
- Camera is ALWAYS ON during Advisory & Summer Academy Classes; Mic is muted, minimal outside conversations and only class tabs are open
We look forward to the scholars’ success and welcome any line of communication as it pertains to your child’s growth!